Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 3 Assignment

For this assignment, I had Jon Burgerman as my reference artist. Burgerman's style is very colourful, cartoony and sometimes quite abstract. His style also demonstrates graffiti-like qualities such as bold lines, curves, contrast of dark and bright colours, and a sort of mosaic layout that blends together very well.



I decided to do 2 pieces of art based on Jon Burgerman's style, all done in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. My first piece is taking the bunny assignment a step further and adding Burgerman's cartoony and colourful style. In the picture, the bunny is enthusiastically chasing a terrified but rather tasty carrot. I added more child-like elements by making the tree alive with a face as well as the sun.




My second piece is much more abstract and is inspired by many of Burgerman's abstract arts. It demonstrates curves, colour contrast, and blending of lines and shapes. I've also noticed that Burgerman draws eyes very often in his art pieces so I've added several eyes all shaped differently with many colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment