
Since the theme was rock/freak show I wanted my design/story to be also relate to my skatedeck design. I decided to go with a special rock and roll show. The performer is not only a rocker he is also a skateboarder, yeah that's freaky.
Frame 1: Shows performer (let's call him Zac McBlaze for now) skate on to stage (when was the last time you saw a rock star skate on to stage?).
Frame 2: Electric guitar is thrown to Zac.
Frame 3: Zac prepares to rock out.
Frame 4: Zac is rockin hardcore and doing tricks with his skate deck, guitar hero freak for sure. But wait! Some sort of flame is starting to emerge from him and his skateboard.
Frame 5: As Zac's rockin tune increases in intensity, so does the flames. The flames are part of him, his spirit in physical form you can say. The flames begin to turn into a sort of monstrous ethereal beast that resembles a sabertooth skull as Zac is rockin away.
Final Frame 6: Explosion of multi coloured flames and my skatedeck design from last semester is shown with tag line: "Rock and Roar!" inspired by the beastly sabertooth.
I was inspired by the energy and movement of skateboarders as I watched some skateboarding videos and I wanted to combine that with the high energy/intensity of rock stars as they performed on stage.
Zac's skateboard coming to "life" and sharing the same energy as him demonstrates the combination of rock star and skateboarder. In addition the last frame with the explosion of flames strongly demonstrate the high spirited/high intensity feel that I wanted for my banner design.
Illustrator and Photoshop used for this project. Total hours spent, about 4-5 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment